STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS
2017 NATIONAL CONFERENCE
The Australian Entomological Society is proud to announce the formation of our new Student Travel Grants. These grants are aimed at assisting student members with the costs associated with attending AES conferences.
To encourage participation from our student members, we will be offering 6 Student Travel Grants that will cover the cost of the student’s conference registration ($410 each). These grants will be given to students presenting either a poster or a talk at this year’s conference in Terrigal, NSW. Reimbursement of registration fee will occur following announcement of the successful candidates.
There are two categories of Student Travel Grants:
- “Honours/Masters/Early PhD”
Three grants will be awarded to Honours, Masters or PhD students in the first half of their candidature (Hons and Masters at any stage, PhD students up to 18 months). We understand this is a critical time in your career where feedback from your peers can be extremely valuable.
- “Advanced PhD”
Three grants will be awarded to PhD Students in the second half of their PhD (18 months +). Sharing your research is an important part of your professional development and conferences provide worthwhile networking opportunities.
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for selection.
- Currently a member of AES
- Presenting an oral or poster at the 2017 conference
- a) For “Honours/Masters/Early PhD” Grants - current enrolment in Honours, Masters or in first half of PhD (less than 18 months)
- b) For “Advanced PhD” – current enrolment in PhD (18 months +)
How to apply:
When submitting your abstract please include the following:
- Indicate that you want to apply for a Student Travel Grant and indicate which category you fit into - Honours, Masters, Early PhD or Advanced PhD.
- Include a brief description of your travel costs and how a Student Travel Grant will benefit you (maximum 500 words).
If you have already submitted your abstract for your poster or talk at this year’s conference please contact Sally (email@example.com) with the above information attached in a separate document. The deadline for the submission of abstracts is the 24th of July.
Applicants will be assessed on the following:
- Quality of abstract
- Benefit to student
Melissa Van De Wetering
AES Director Student Representative